Jump to recipe
Potato Gratin taken to the next level.
20 x 30cm Dish
1 hour, 20 minutes
- 350 g Baby Potatoes
- 200 g Aubergine
- 200 g Courgette’s
- 150 g Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 1 Small Green Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 60 ml Tomato Puree
- 250 ml Fresh Cream
- 10 ml Sugar
- 30 ml Corn Flour Maizena
- 5 ml Dried Mixed Herbs
- Pepper to taste
- Sal to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a 20 x 30cm baking dish with butter.
- Slice the potatoes about 1mm thick and place in a bowl and cover with water. Slice the aubergine, courgette’s, mushrooms, onion and green pepper about 5mm thick. Keep al the sliced vegetable aside until needed.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the tomato puree, cream, sugar, corn flour, herbs and pepper. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients and keep aside.
- Start by covering the bottom of the prepared dish with the aubergine. Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the aubergine. Arrange half of the potato slices on-top of the aubergine followed by the mushrooms, courgette, onions and green pepper.
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic and some salt over the vegetables.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dish and finally arrange the last potato slices on-top. Flavour with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45minute to 1 hour until the vegetables are cooked.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.