Breakfast will never be the same again!
Buttermilk French Toast with Apple, Bacon and Golden Syrup
- 3 Large Eggs
- 125 ml Buttermilk ¼ cup
- 5 ml Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 16 Slices of Ciabatta see notes at bottom of page
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 1 Apple sliced thinly
- 12 Bacon Strips
- Cream Cheese
- Golden Syrup
- In a mixing bowl or jug, combine the eggs, buttermilk, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Arrange the ciabatta slices on a clean roasting tray and pour the buttermilk mixture over the bread. Allow 5 – 7 minutes for the bread to soak up the liquid. Turn the bread over and allow it to soak for another 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
- Fry the apple slices until soft and browned. Remove the apple and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add more olive oil if needed and fry the bacon until crispy on both sides.
- Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Place the soaked ciabattas in the pan and fry until browned on both sides. Fry the bread in two batches.
- Stack the French toast with the cream cheese, crispy bacon, and apple. Finally, drizzle with golden syrup and serve.